- 1 lb. pork sausage or ground beef
- 3 14 oz. cans diced tomatoes
- 1 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 T. oil
- 2 tsp. basil
- 2 tsp. oregano (or substitute 4 tsp. Backyard Patch Italian Seasoning Blend)
- ¾ of 32 oz. package of jumbo shells (about 30)
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- 1 15 oz. container ricotta cheese
- 6 ounces shredded mozzarella
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 T. Backyard Patch Fine Herbs
Three Craft Recipes
Herbed Cornbread in a CanThis makes a fun gift or just a fun presentation method for cornbread at a family event.
- 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 Tbls. sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. savory, parsley or sage
- ¼ tsp. salt
Revitalizing Bath BlendThis lemony bath combination will soothe and relax, while revitalizing muscles and energy.
- ½ cup lavender flowers
- ¼ cup lemon verbena
- ¼ cup lemon balm (You can substitute ½ cup of one or the other)
- ½ cup lemon or orange peel
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 6 drops lemon grass essential oil
Combine all herbs in a plastic bowl. Add oils by the drop and stir with a plastic spoon or spatula (not with your hands.) Allow to meld for an hour and then place about ¼ cup in a cotton muslin bag or heat sealed tea bag.
Label -- TO USE: allow bath bag to steep in hot bath water for 3 to 5 minutes before bathing.
Inspiration StimulationA delightful combination of sweet and savory herbs that will help you construct a creative frame of mind. You can make this tea for your wrapping party, or give as a gift for a bit of creativity after the holiday!
- Lemon grass
- Cardamom (crushed pods or seeds)
Label - TO USE: Place 1 teaspoon in a cup of hot water and allow to steep for 5 minutes.